How to submit abstract in ACN 2019
How to submit abstract in ACN 2019
1. Make sure you are logged in. If not, please log in at page acn2019.org/abstract
2. Click the New Abstract button
3. Fill in the title of abstract, abstract content and keywords (no more than 4 words). Guidelines for abstract can be found at this page https://acn2019.org/guidance/
4. Select a topic appropriate for your abstract. Description of each topic can be found on this page https://acn2019.org/topics/
5. Fill in author information. If there is more than one author click the plus button (+) and add the information.
6. Click submit once you complete all the necessary information
8. If you want to submit more than one abstract, repeat step from beginning. Every first writer is allowed to submit the maximal 3 abstracts
Abstract should be of original research. Submission implies that the abstract has not previously been published elsewhere. All abstracts must be submitted online through acn2019.org/abstract. Abstracts received by e-mail, fax or post will not be considered. Each first author can only submit maximum three (3) abstracts.
The accepted abstracts will be published as a book of abstract by the Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology (Scopus-indexed) that is published by Japanese Society of Nutrition and Food Science (https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/browse/jnsv). Selected full papers will be published in a supplementary edition of the journal.
Deadline for Abstract Submission
The online submission system for abstracts will be opened starting from July 22, 2018 until
December 22, 2018 January 22, 2019 at 11.59 midnight (GMT+7, Jakarta, Indonesia). All submissions made after the deadline will not be considered.
Please do not submit an abstract if none of the authors plan to attend the conference to present it. The corresponding author is responsible for the abstract content. S/he is the contact person for submission and communication purposes and is also responsible for disseminating information related to the abstract to the co-authors. A confirmation email will be sent to corresponding author. Please ensure that you provide an active email address in submission system.
Format and Submission
- Abstracts must be prepared exclusively in English and should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar errors
- Titles should not exceed 20 words, otherwise it will be truncated. Type the title in a sentence style
- Abstracts should consist between 200 to 250 words, in one paragraph. Text of more than 250 words will be truncated
- Abstract must not contain tables, pictures or diagrams
- All abbreviations must be spelled out on first use
- Author(s) should include name of all author(s) and their affiliation(s).
- Please ensure that you provide a valid email address. All correspondence will be performed via email with the corresponding author
- The corresponding author will receive a confirmation that the submitted abstract has been received. After submission, the authors will be able to see the final version of the submitted abstract.
The abstract should used for presenting scientific findings and evaluations. It must be organised as follows:
- Background and objective: state the question or the challenge addressed by the research, and the objective
- Methods: state the setting, methods, procedures and techniques used to collect and analyze information and statistical analysis used
- Results: state the main findings of the research.
- Conclusions: state the significance of the work and summarize key recommendations/ implications
- Key words: write appropriate keywords of not more than four (4) words
Review and Acceptance
All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by at least two reviewers who are experts in the related fields. Reviewers will send a report to the Scientific Committee, who will take the final decision for acceptance and whether it is suitable for poster or oral presentation. Notification of abstract acceptance will be announced on January 21, 2019. No changes can be made on presentation schedule.