DuPont Nutrition & Health Competitive Grant for Young Nutrition Leaders
At DuPont Nutrition & Heath, we deliver essential food and beverage innovation, enabling healthy, safe and sustainable options so customers can deliver products consumers love, around the world every day.
In building and nurturing food and nutrition leadership, DuPont Nutrition & Health is pleased to participate in the Asian Congress of Nutrition (ACN) in collaboration with International Young Nutrition Leadership (iYouLead). Under the theme “Nutrition and Food Innovation for Sustained Well-being”, they will be piloting a competitive grant scheme to young and passionate nutrition researchers and leaders.
This scheme is developed specifically as a foundational start to build nutrition research capacity in the Asia region. It is hoped that this initiative will serve as a springboard to further collaborations and research-related capacity building initiatives in the future between DuPont Nutrition & Health, the Grant Award Scheme Committee, and the award winners.
Location: Bali International Convention Center, Indonesia
Date: August 4-7, 2019
- Under 30 years of age as of 1 January 2019
- Registration is free of charge
- Citizenship of any of developing countries in Asia in accordance to OECD report*
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any discipline in food science, food nutrition, food technology, food- and/or nutrition-related disciplines
- Student or employee of an academic/higher education institution, research institution or think tank
You will be required to submit:
1) 300-word abstract for presenting the findings of your research in the form of a poster at the Asian Congress of Nutrition on any of the following topics from this list: https://acn2019.org/topics/
2) A 500-word essay where you will articulate:
– Your motivation for pursuing nutritional research
– The most pressing problems in the field of nutrition, and
– Your vision or strategy to address these problems over the next 10 years.
Submission date is 15 Feb 2019
All submissions will be reviewed by a diverse team of nutrition experts in ACN and will be scored on a 10-point scale in accordance to:
– Novelty of the research
– Methodological rigor
– Originality of ideas
All successful applicants will be informed by 30 April 2019
- 17 participants (4 from Indonesia, 13 from the rest of the countries) with the highest combined scores will be chosen for this award.
- Awardees from Indonesia will each receive fund to cover conference registration and travel, and partial accommodation cost in Bali.
- Awardees from outside Indonesia will each receive fund to cover conference registration and travel, and partial accommodation cost in Bali.
- All awardees will receive a Certificate of Commendation.